The Light Within

The Angels and Art of Corbin Hollis Choate

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Spirit of Light . . .

Solaris

There is something about light. It speaks to my soul. It beckons me to open up and let it in.

Light is ethereal, light is eternal, light is divine...it often serves as a metaphor for the spiritual. Physical light is the closest approximation to spiritual light in our lives. It serves as a means of revealing God's presence in our universe and in our lives.

The goal of my art is to capture a single instant of each angel's eternal existence and share it with people all over the world. Since they are made of light and color, capturing them in paint only makes sense . . .with the tightly finished lines acting only as an infinitely thin boundary, expressing the energy and light within.

These angels have had tangible affects on people's lives, inspiring them to look within and examine what they can do for others. How can you tap into this energy and create your own light . . .and release it into the world?

When I was doing the line work for this painting, I had an experience which I have not been able to put into words. There was a moment when I felt completely surrounded by warm, golden light. It was a tangible exchange of energy between myself and the image on the canvas . . .I could feel it in my hands . . . it engulfed me.

To this very day, this particular canvas emits a certain energy. It has a presence about it.

The Light Within . . .