The Light Within

The Angels and Art of Corbin Hollis Choate

Monday, May 01, 2006

Solaris . . .



This is the one. This is the painting which best sums up everything I was about at the time it was completed. This painting is titled “Solaris” and it was completed in March 2003. This is by far the strongest of all of my paintings in the current series. Not because it is technically better than any of the others, but because this is the one which emanates pure spiritual light from within. The title Solaris comes from the light within this painting. It is also due to the ideas that the circular shapes behind the angel’s head have been interpreted as both the sun and his halo.

If you ever have the opportunity to experience this work in person, a chance to stand in front of it and see the light for yourself, you’ll feel it. The blue of his robe has a presence which cannot be described. It’s just there. This is the painting I was working on when I had the tangible exchange of spiritual energy with the canvas. I was laying down the lines in the folds of his robe when I found myself surrounded by a golden energy. The stream of light ran from the canvas through my brush and surrounded me. It seemed to last forever . . . it came from within.

This is one of the paintings exhibited in New York, at the Montserrat Gallery. It is on it’s way back to me this week and I can’t wait to see it again. It will be a great birthday present . . . I turned 39 today.

Please go back and re-visit my previous post “Hope & Light”, from Friday, April 7. I discussed the beginning of a series of extremely limited edition gliclee prints, which will be sold to raise money for my foundation. This painting will be the first in the series to be published.

If you are interested in owning a print please feel free to e-mail me. I will be opening an e-commerce site in the near future where you will be able to purchase prints and original paintings online. More to come . . .

- The Light Within . . .